The Gallagher Bluedorn is overjoyed to be opening our doors to patrons for a season full of fun, wonder, and more. COVID-19 brought many of us unforeseen challenges and we still are faced with navigating those challenges now. What has remained a constant, however, is the basic, human need for the arts in our communities.
We remain committed to the health and well-being of all our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff and are taking specific measures to ensure everyone’s visit is safe and comfortable.
As information about the COVID-19 pandemic is continually evolving at a rapid pace, this policy may be revised at any time based on the overall situation, CDC guidelines, IDPH guidance, Board of Regents guidance, UNI guidance, union mandates set by touring productions, and changes to federal, state, and local laws.
We will regularly communicate with our patrons via email any updated guidelines prior to their performance and we will update this page regularly with any policy or procedural changes.
Thank you in advance for your part in ensuring that we can carry out our mission to inspire the Cedar Valley through life-changing artistic experiences. We can’t wait to see you face to face soon!
- Please self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving at the venue. We ask you to not attend if you have been asked to stay at home by public health authorities or are exhibiting any symptoms.
- The CDC shares that vaccination against COVID-19 is the strongest safety measure that one can take. There is no requirement that patrons receive or provide evidence of having received a vaccination for COVID-19 but we encourage you to consider getting vaccinated if you have not already.
- We encourage everyone, regardless of vaccination status, to wear their mask while inside the Gallagher Bluedorn. Masks are encouraged, but not required.
- Be friendly, but be courteous to those around you who may request extra space. Those who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to physically distance from others when possible. We are operating under full capacity and are no longer offering pod seating.
During Your Visit to the Gallagher:
- From the moment you walk through our doors, we want you to feel at home and comfortable. Our hall is continuously being cleaned and sanitized to meet CDC standards. Our ventilation system within the venue is state of the art and cycles air on a quick rotation.
- Hand sanitizing stations are scattered throughout our building and we ask patrons to make frequent use of them.
- In order to reduce touch points, valet will not be offered this fall. Instead, we will offer complimentary golf cart rides with our staff members to and from the parking lot. We ask that you please wear your mask while inside the cart.
Our Commitment to You:
- We hold a “no questions asked” refund policy for guests who are experiencing symptoms or are concerned for their health, just call UNITix prior to your scheduled performance.
- Cleaning and sanitizing have always been priorities at the GBPAC, and we will continue to uphold that standard. All high contact surfaces are sanitized regularly and all seating areas are sanitized before and after each performance
- All Gallagher Bluedorn staff, volunteers, and ushers have been encouraged to follow the same protocols that we ask of our guests. They have also been instructed on how to self-monitor and are asked to stay home if they show any symptoms.