The Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts Center has announced their Spring 2023 Artist Series line-up! This season invites patrons to travel to the dark side of the moon, laugh along with a silly family of blue heelers, and follow the misadventures of two mismatched missionaries.
This season features all the fun the center is known for, including world-class musicians, Broadway musicals, as well as children’s television and book adaptations.
“Each of the seven acts this spring offer a chance to laugh, to create memories, and to even explore something new that you hadn’t considered before. We know our patrons look to us to present the fun experiences we’re known for, and this season is exactly that,” shared Chris Hale, marketing manager.
Seven shows with Big adventures, Bold productions, and Fun for everyone:
- Classic Albums Live: Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon - January 29 | Catch the groundbreaking album in its entirety, note-for-note, including mega hits like “Money,” “Us and Them,” and “The Great Gig in the Sky.”
- Storm Large - February 18 | Musician, actor, playwright, and author known for her debut in Rock Star: Supernova and America’s Got Talent.
- The Kingdom Choir - February 28 | This London-based choir rose to international fame at the 2018 Royal Wedding bringing their infectious joy, spirit and gospel music.
- Bluey’s Big Play - March 7 and 8 | A brand-new theatrical adaptation of the beloved children’s television series. Bluey like it’s never been seen before!
- Elias String Quartet - March 21, 23, and 24 | Three unique concerts that explore the creative life of Ludwig van Beethoven.
- The Gruffalo - April 1 | A daring adventure through the deep, dark wood in a magical, musical adaptation of the picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
- The Book of Mormon - April 21, 22, and 23 | The nine-time Tony Award®-winning Best Musical following the adventures of a mismatched pair of missionaries.
Tickets go on sale to the public online, in-person, or over the phone on Thursday, November 17 at 10:00AM. Tickets for The Book of Mormon go on-sale to the public on Tuesday, November 15 at 10:00AM. Want to order early? Join Friends of the Gallagher Bluedorn for exclusive perks, including priority ticket ordering. Visit GBPAC.com/Join-Friends for more information.
The Gallagher Bluedorn is also in the midst of raising funds for a $14.9 million expansion project centered around elevating the patron experience. Guests can expect an expansion of the lobby, ticketing and concessions areas, new seats, and much more, all coming soon to the center. Learn more at GBPAC.com/Renovation.
Chris Hale, Gallagher Bluedorn marketing manager