Kaleidoscope Series tickets are just $1 each! Anyone attending with your group will need to be included in your total attendance count, including students, teachers, aides, chaperones, bus drivers, etc. These performances take place during the school day and are intended for school and home school groups. They are not open to the public and are not available through UNItix box offices.
All orders for the Kaleidoscope Series must be done online and are processed immediately. The link will be made available via email, our website, and this site as soon as tickets are on sale.
- Individuals/home school groups (non-schools) will be prompted to pay for their entire season when placing the order online. These groups receive tickets via e-mail approximately one week prior to each show.
- For school groups, Invoices will be mailed in bulk for the entire season (for all events taking place February-May this year). Each event will have its own confirmation/payment deadline, which will be approximately 8 weeks prior to the show. It will be the group leader’s responsibility to keep track of this invoice and to make confirmation/payment by listed deadline.
Events are sold as general admission (G/A) and seating charts are created by the Gallagher Bluedorn staff approximately one week in advance of each event. Seating charts are created based upon accessibility needs, age of students in group and size of group.
Your Visit at A Glance
BEFORE THE SHOW
Time of Arrival
We suggest you arrive approximately 20–30 minutes prior to curtain time.
Parking and Unloading
School buses arriving to the Gallagher Bluedorn will approach via University Avenue. Enter campus from the east at the traffic light onto Campus Street. The Gallagher Bluedorn drive-up lane is directly on your left. Please line up behind any buses waiting to unload students. Unload students quickly and move them onto the sidewalk. Gallagher Bluedorn staff will direct traffic and assist in the unloading.
When empty, school buses will move to the parking lot located on the north side of the Gallagher Bluedorn, unless ushers indicate otherwise. Once parked, buses cannot leave the lot until after the performance. If your bus needs to leave during the show, they should return no later than 10 minutes before the end of the performance and park in the drive in front of the Gallagher Bluedorn. If your students are staying on campus for lunch or a tour and will not be getting on the bus immediately after the show, please notify parking staff so it is parked appropriately.
Home School Students and Private Patrons
When you arrive, please proceed to the B lot south of University Avenue. Parking is free and no parking voucher is needed. A limited number of parking spaces for those with handicap designations or special needs are available in the lot north of the Gallagher Bluedorn. Please plan accordingly and arrive early.
DURING THE SHOW
Entering the Hall
Your school or group has been assigned to a specific section of the hall. Ushers or Gallagher Bluedorn staff will help guide you to the appropriate seat and we ask that you and your students remain as calm as possible so we can keep the process moving along. There are bathrooms located throughout the Gallagher Bluedorn. We ask that you use them in small groups only after you've been led to your assigned seating area. If you have special accomodations regarding your seating, please be sure to let us know ahead of the show and refrain from waiting until the day-of.
Theatre Etiquette Reminders
We're excited you're here! Please keep in mind:
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Catherine Cassidy Gallagher Great Hall.
- Cameras and recording devices are not allowed.
- You may talk before and after the performance begins, but please do not talk during.
- Turn off all cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices.
- Clap and cheer only when appropriate.
- Most importantly, enjoy the show!
The performance will last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted on the website, confirmation letter, or voucher. If your students are staying on campus for lunch or a tour and will not be getting on the bus immediately after the show, please notify parking staff so it is parked appropriately.
AFTER THE SHOW
Leaving the Hall
If you are a home school or private patron, you are allowed to leave the hall immediately after the show concludes. If you arrived with a school as a group, you will be dismissed by someone on stage. Please remain calm and orderly as we work quickly to make sure you get home as quickly and safely as possible. There will be a guide escorting you out of the hall and to your vehicle.
Teacher surveys will be conducted online. The contact name on your group order will receive a link via email after the performance. Please share this with other teachers on the field trip. We appreciate your feedback for future Kaleidoscope performances!
CHAPERONES AND TEACHERS
We're happy you're joining on this adventure! As a chaperone for a Kaleidoscope performance, you are an important factor in making the performance enjoyable for the entire audience. Here are some guidelines to help make the most of your Kaleidoscope experience:
- Before entering the hall, assist the teacher by keeping students in line and by reminding them that chewing gum, eating, and drinking are not allowed in the hall. Make sure to take notice of the bus number assigned to you by a Gallagher Bluedorn employee.
- Be ready to let the ushers know what school you represent when you arrive. This information helps the ushers show you to your seats in an efficient manner. Please be patient if several people ask you the same question.
- If you need assistance for any reason, ushers are wearing white shirts and black pants and will be wearing nametags.
- Sit amongst the students during the performance. Please ask students to remain in their seats and to refrain from talking during the show. We want all students to be able to hear and enjoy the show.
- At the conclusion of the show, wait to exit until your assigned bus number is called by the Gallagher Bluedorn employee onstage once the show is over. Please wait patiently as groups are dismissed to their buses. When exiting the hall, please help keep your class together.
EATING LUNCH ON CAMPUS
Your group may be able to eat lunch on campus before or after the event. Please fill out the request form at least 2 weeks prior to your field trip. We cannot guarantee space if there is less than two weeks notice. Gallagher Bluedorn staff will be in touch with your confirmed lunch location by no later than one week prior to your field trip.
SEATING & ACCESSIBILITY
The ushers will direct groups to their seats. Our seating policy is to seat students and teachers together as indicated on the order form. Each busload of students receives an usher and may enter a different door but will be seated in the same area in the auditorium.
Please enter your group’s accessibility needs when placing your order online. If you become aware of a seating need after placing your order, please contact Molly Hackenmiller at 319-273-3682 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be aware, that wanting to be seated on the main floor because you deem those seats as best, is not an accessibility need. Some examples of accessibility needs are wheelchair access, walker access, aisle seating due to mobility issues, close seating due to vision issues, sign language interpreter, etc.
Cancellations must be made by the deadline listed on your confirmation letter/invoice. Tickets cannot be canceled once confirmed and/or once full payment is received.
Refunds will only be given if an event is cancelled by the GBPAC. Cancellations of shows due to weather will follow actions of the Waterloo and Cedar Falls School Districts. If your school is closed or delayed and you are unable to make it to a performance due to inclement weather, you must notify us within one day of the performance in order to receive a credit to a future show.
No refunds will be issued for unused seats on the day of the performance for any reason, including student illnesses or absences.
RECOMMENDED GRADE LEVELS
Grade level recommendations listed on the GBPAC or UNItix websites are made by the theater company/artist and GBPAC Education Department. The venue will remain harmless if you choose to bring groups outside of these recommended grade levels.
Please exercise caution when bringing infants or toddlers age 3 and younger. If your infant or toddler becomes disruptive, you will be asked to leave the theater.
Waiting lists are no longer being offered for the Kaleidoscope Series.